10 February 2016

Pin It

NASA statement Man in Tamil Nadu not killed by meteorite

NASA statement Man in Tamil Nadu not killed by meteorite

On Wednesday NASA scientist said that A "land based explosion" rather than a meteorite is more likely to have killed a man and injured three others in a mysterious blast in Tamil Nadu last week

Few days back that is on Saturday a man was killed and three others were injured in a mysterious explosion in Vellore district of Tamil Nadu.
Jayalalithaa Jayaram, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, has said a bus driver at a college in her state was killed by the meteorite and awarded 100,000 rupees ($1,470) in compensation to his family.

The bus driver was standing on a patch of grass near the college cafeteria when he was killed, while two gardeners and a student were injured

Media also reported that Tamil Nadu man killed by ‘meteorite’ could be first in 200 years and Indian scientists are investigating if the man was killed by meteorite, if confirmed it would be a first in two centuries.

NASA scientists in the US said in a public statement that the photographs posted online were more consistent with "a land based explosion" rather than with something from space, 'The New York Times' reported.

Reality views by sm –

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Tags – NASA Meteorite Tamil Nadu


JAMSHED AZMI February 10, 2016  

Oh...very sad news from NASA. Well written. Thanks for this news.

Destination Infinity February 10, 2016  

I think the articles had mentioned that final confirmation could be obtained only after tests. I wonder who came up first with the meteorite theory!

Destination Infinity

lina@happy family February 11, 2016  

My biggest sympathy to all victims of the explosion.

rudraprayaga February 11, 2016  

Good the rich snatch and the bad the poor will have to bear.Thank you for the info.

Bikram February 11, 2016  

However he died .. it is sad news