Know 51 Important Facts, Provisions of Indian Railway Budget 2013-14
Railway Budget 2013-2014 was the first Rail Budget presented by a Congress minister after 17 years.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal Presented the Railway Budget 2013-14
The minister said that the estimated losses of the Railways stood at Rs 24,000 crore in 2012-13.
Annual Plan for Railways for the coming year has been fixed at Rs 63,363 crore, the largest ever, with Gross Budgetary Support of Rs 26,000 crore.
Allocation for Railway Safety Fund has been fixed at Rs 2,000 crore
Market borrowing has been pegged at Rs 15,103 crore while public-private partnership will yield Rs 6,000 crore.
Railway Minister announced a marginal increase in
Few People started to say that Now Indian Railway is equal to Russian and Chinese Railway.
Here is reality -
Politicians will say that Indian Railways is equal to Russia and China.
However, I do not think so.
No Match between Russian and Chinese Railway with Indian Railway
Russian and Chinese Railways are like a Sachin Tendulkar and Indian Railway is like a player who plays cricket in a School Team.
Fuel Adjustment Component' concept is adopted this means that linking tariffs with movement of fuel prices that is changes in fuel Prices.
No passenger fare hike has been announced for the moment
In January Fair hike was done.
Few Selected Trains Railway Customers will get free Wi Fi facility
Passengers will be informed about reservation status through SMS
Internet booking to be provided from 0030 hours to 2330 hours
Internet booking will be provided from 12.30 am to 11.30 pm now.
Indian Railways will create a next generation e-ticketing system by end of this year that would be able to handle three times more booking than the current capacity
In this system, up to 7,260 tickets can be issued per minute.
The capacity of the present website is only 2,000 tickets per minute.
As many as 1.2 lakh users can access tickets simultaneously under the proposed upgraded system against 40,000 now.
Railways have identified 104 stations for up gradation in cities with more than one million population.
Progressive extension of bio toilets for all trains
On board housekeeping facilities and clean stations
Railways will use Aadhaar database for bookings and validation of passengers
Third party audit and tie up with food testing laboratories for food quality control; ISO certified state-of-the-art base kitchens to be set up in railway premises
Centralized Catering Services Monitoring Cell set up with a toll free number (1800 111 321)
The Railways has introduced 1800-111-310 toll free for suggestions and complaints
Railway will start a pilot project on selected trains to facilitate passengers to contact on board staff through SMS/phone call/e-mail for coach cleanliness and real time feedback
Special A/C coaches called 'Anubhuti', will be introduced in select Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains
179 escalators and 400 lifts at A-1 and other major stations to be installed facilitating elderly and differently able
Braille stickers will be affixed with layout of coaches including toilets,
Provision of wheel chairs and battery operated vehicles at more stations
Making coaches wheel-chair friendly
Anti-collision devices will be put to rigorous trials, 10,797 unmanned level crossing will be eliminated, and no new unmanned level crossings will be set up.
Fire retardant materials will be used in coaches and a new SPART train, i.e. self-propellant accident relief train will be introduced
Introduction of 160/200 kmph Self Propelled Accident Relief Trains.
Induction of crash worthy LHB coaches with anti-climb feature.
Provision of comprehensive fire and smoke detection systems.
Introduction of 27 new passenger trains and 67 Express trains, while adding that 58 trains will be extended
A single rail-bus ticket will be issued for Katra-Vaishnodevi pilgrims.
Railway Minister announced the 'Azadi Express' that will link all the places related to the freedom movement.
Railway Minister said that mountain rails will receive fresh attention and Bansal said they would be developed along the lines of trains in the Austrian and the Swiss Alps.
I think for this IR will take more than 25 years
Railway Protection Force (RPF) guards will be deployed in trains.
More women will be recruited to the RPF.
Recruitment to RPF with 10% vacancies reserved for women.
There will be women special trains in metros.
Indian Railways will try to fill 1.2 lakh vacancies this year.
Around 47,000 vacancies for weaker sections and physically challenged will be filled up soon
New coach manufacturing and maintenance facilities
Will be started in
Railway Tariff Regulatory Authority will be set up
Following concessions will be provided
Complimentary passes to recipients of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and Dhyan Chand awards in First Class and 2nd AC and Olympic medallists and Dronacharya awardees in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
Facility of complimentary card passes valid in 1st class/2nd AC extended to parents of posthumous unmarried awardees of Mahavir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, President's Police Medal for Gallantry and Police Medal for Gallantry.
Police Gallantry awardees to be granted one complimentary pass every year for travel along with one companion in 2nd AC in Rajdhani/Shatabadi Trains.
Passes for freedom fighters to be renewed once in three years.
A new Debt Service Fund will be set up to meet committed liabilities and a target of creating a fund balance of Rs 30,000 crore in the terminal year of the 12th Plan has been fixed.
72 additional suburban services will be introduced in Mumbai and 18 in Kolkata.
Indian Railway will try to introduce first AC EMU rake in the Mumbai suburban network in the coming financial year.
Rake length has been increased from nine to 12 car for 80 services in Kolkata and 30 in Chennai.
Arunachal Pradesh will have the first ever rail link
The Budget proposes 500 km of new lines, doubling of 750 km and gauge conversion of 450 km
Rehabilitation of identified 17 distressed bridges over next one year.
Provision of portable fire extinguishers in Guard-cum-Brake Vans, AC Coaches and Pantry Cars in all trains.
A new factory will be started –
Forged Wheel Factory at Rae Bareli in collaboration with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited.
A Greenfield Mainline Electrical Multiple Units (MEMU) manufacturing facility at Bhilwara (Rajasthan) in collaboration with State Government and BHEL will be started.
A Coach Manufacturing Unit in Sonepat District (Haryana) in collaboration with State Government will be started.
A Midlife Rehabilitation Workshop at Kurnool (Andhra Pradesh) in collaboration with the State Government will be started.
Railway Energy Management Company (REMC) will be started to harness potential of solar and wind energy.
IR will start following projects –
a)Setting up of 75 MW capacity windmill plants
b)energizing 1000 level crossings with solar power
c)Deployment of new generation energy efficient electric locomotives and EMUs.
Nine Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) trains will be introduced
d)More usage of agro-based and recycled paper
e)ban use of plastic in catering
f)a modern signaling equipment facility at Chandigarh through PPP route
g)a new wagon maintenance workshop in Kalahandi (Odisha)
h)A workshop for repair and rehabilitation of motorized bogies at Misrod (Madhya Pradesh).
i)Six new bottling plants will be started at Vijayawada, Nagpur, Lalitpur, Bilaspur, Jaipur and Ahmedabad
j)Introduction of executive lounge at 7 more stations, namely, Bilaspur, Visakhapatnam, Patna, Nagpur, Agra, Jaipur and Bengaluru
k)Fund allocation for staff quarters enhanced to Rs 300 crore
l)Provision of hostel facilities for single women railway employees at all divisional headquarters
IR will set up a centralized training institute at Secunderabad - Indian Railways Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM).
Five fellowships in national universities to be instituted to motivate students to study and undertake research on IR related issues at MPhil and PhD levels.
Fuel Adjustment Component (FAC) linked revision for freight tariff to be implemented from 1st April 2013.
9 Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) trains to be introduced
Rs. 100 crore to be spent to augment facilities at Delhi, New Delhi and Nizamuddin railway stations
List of 67 new express trains
1. Ahmedabad - Jodhpur Express (Weekly) Via Samdari, Bhildi
2. Ajni (Nagpur) - Lokmanya Tilak (T) Express (Weekly) Via Hingoli
3. Amritsar - Lalkuan Express (Weekly) Via Chandigarh
4. Bandra Terminus - Ramnagar Express (Weekly) Via Nagda,Mathura, Kanpur, Lucknow, Rampur
5. Bandra Terminus - Jaisalmer Express (Weekly) Via Marwar, Jodhpur
6. Bandra Terminus - Hisar Express (Weekly) Via Ahmedabad, Palanpur, Marwar, Jodhpur, Degana
7. Bandra Terminus - Haridwar Express (Weekly) Via Valsad
8. Bangalore - Mangalore Express (Weekly)
9. Bathinda - Jammu Tawi Express (Weekly) Via Patiala, Rajpura
10. Bhubaneswar - Hazrat Nizamuddin Express (Weekly) Via Sambalpur
11. Bikaner - Chennai AC Express (Weekly) Via Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Nagda, Bhopal, Nagpur
12. Chandigarh -Amritsar Intercity Express (Daily) Via Sahibzada Ajitsingh Nagar (Mohali), Ludhiana
13. Chennai - Karaikudi Express (Weekly)
14. Chennai - Palani Express (Daily) Via Jolarpettai, Salem, Karur, Namakkal
15. Chennai Egmore - Thanjavur Express (Daily) Via Villupuram, Mayiladuthurai
16. Chennai - Nagarsol (For Sai Nagar Shirdi) Express (Weekly) Via Renigunta, Dhone, Kacheguda
17. Chennai - Velankanni Link Express (Daily) Via Villupuram, Mayiladuthurai, Tiruvarur
18. Coimbatore - Mannargudi Express (Daily) Via Tiruchchirappalli, Thanjavur, Nidamangalam
19. Coimbatore - Rameswaram Express (Weekly)
20. Delhi - Firozpur Intercity Express (Daily) Via Bathinda
21. Delhi Sarai Rohilla - Sikar Express (Bi-weekly) after gauge conversion
22. Delhi - Hoshiarpur Express (Weekly)
23. Durg - Jaipur Express (Weekly)
24. Gandhidham - Visakhapatnam Express (Weekly) Via Ahmedabad, Wardha, Ballarshah, Vijaywada
25. Hazrat Nizamuddin - Mumbai AC Express (Weekly) via Bhopal, Khandwa, Bhusawal
26. Howrah - Chennai AC Express (Bi-weekly) Via Bhadrak, Duvvada, Gudur
27. Howrah - New Jalpaiguri AC Express (Weekly) Via Malda Town
28. Hubli - Mumbai Express (Weekly) Via Miraj, Pune
29. Indore - Chandigarh Express (Weekly) Via Dewas, Ujjain, Guna, Gwalior, Hazrat Nizamuddin
30. Jabalpur - Yesvantpur Express (Weekly)Via Nagpur, Dharmavaram
31. Jaipur - Lucknow Express (Tri-weekly) Via Bandikui, Mathura, Kanpur
32. Jaipur-Alwar Express (Daily)
33. Jodhpur -Jaipur Express (Daily) Via Phulera
34. Jodhpur - Kamakhya (Guwahati) Express (Weekly) Via Degana, Ratangarh
35. Kakinada - Mumbai Express (Bi-weekly)
36. Kalka - Sai Nagar Shirdi Express (Bi-weekly) Via Hazrat Nizamuddin , Bhopal, Itrasi
37. Kamakhya (Guwahati) - Anand VIhar Express (Weekly) Via Katihar, Barauni, Sitapur Cantt, Moradabad
38. Kamakhya (Guwahati) - Bangalore AC Express (Weekly )
39. Kanpur - Anand Vihar Express (Weekly) Via Farrukhabad
40. Katihar - Howrah Express (Weekly) Via Malda Town
41. Katra - Kalka Express (Bi-weekly) Via Morinda
42. Kolkata - Agra Express (Weekly) Via Amethi, Rae Bareli, Mathura
43. Kolkata - Sitamarhi Express (Weekly) Via Jhajha, Barauni, Darbhanga
44. Kota - Jammu Tawi Express (Weekly) Via Mathura, Palwal
45. Kurnool Town - Secunderabad Express (Daily)
46. Lokmanya Tilak (T) - Kochuveli Express (Weekly)
47. Lucknow - Varanasi Express Via Rae-Bareli (6 Days a week)
48. Madgaon - Mangalore Intercity Express (Daily) Via Udupi, Karwar
49. Mangalore - Kacheguda Express (Weekly) Via Dhone, Gooty, Renigunta, Coimbatore
50. Mau - Anand Vihar Express (Bi-weekly)
51. Mumbai - Solapur Express (6 Days a week) Via Pune
52. Nagercoil - Bangalore Express (Daily) Via Madurai, Tiruchchirappalli
53. New Delhi - Katra AC Express (6 Days a week)
54. Nizamabad - Lokmanya Tilak (T) Express (Weekly)
55. Patna - Sasaram Intercity Express (Daily) Via Ara
56. Patliputra (Patna) - Bangalore Express (Weekly) Via Chheoki
57. Puducherry - Kanniyakumari Express (Weekly) Via Villupuram, Mayiladuthurai, Tiruchchirappalli
58. Puri - Sai Nagar Shirdi Express (Weekly) Via Sambalpur, Titlagarh, Raipur, Nagpur, Bhusawal
59. Puri -Ajmer Express (Weekly) Via Abu-Road
60. Radhikapur - Anand Vihar Link Express (Daily)
61. Rajendra Nagar Terminus (Patna)- New Tinsukia Express (Weekly) Via Katihar, Guwahati
62. Tirupati - Puducherry Express (Weekly)
63. Tirupati - Bhubaneswar Express (Weekly) Via Visakhapatnam
64. Una / Nangaldam- Hazoor Saheb Nanded Express (Weekly) Via Anandpur Saheb, Morinda, Chandigarh, Ambala
65. Visakhapatnam - Jodhpur Express (Weekly) Via Titlagarh, Raipur
66. Visakhapatnam - Kollam Express (Weekly)
67. Yesvantpur - Lucknow Express (Weekly) via Rae Bareli, Pratapgarh
List of 26 new passenger trains –
1. Bathinda - Dhuri Passenger (Daily)
2. Bikaner-Ratangarh Passenger (Daily)
3. Bhavnagar - Palitana Passenger (Daily)
4. Bhavnagar - Surendranagar Passenger (Daily)
5. Bareilly - Lalkuan Passenger (Daily)
6. Chhapra -Thawe Passenger (Daily)
7. Loharu - Sikar Passenger (Daily) after gauge conversion
8. Madgaon - Ratnagiri Passenger (Daily)
9. Marikuppam - Bangalore Passenger (Daily)
10. Muzaffarpur - Sitamarhi Passenger (Daily) via Runnisaidpur
11. Nadiad - Modasa Passenger (6 days a week)
12. Nandyal - Kurnool Town passenger (Daily)
13. New Amravati - Narkher Passenger (Daily)
14. Punalur - Kollam Passenger (Daily)
15. Purna - Parli Vaijnath Passenger (Daily)
16. Palani-Tiruchendur Passenger (Daily)
17. Ratangarh - Sardarsahar Passenger (Daily) after gauge conversion
18. Samastipur- Banmankhi Passenger via Saharsa, Madhepura (Daily) after gauge conversion
19. Shoranur - Kozhikode Passenger (Daily)
20. Surendranagar - Dharangdhara Passenger (Daily)
21. Suratgarh - Anupgarh Passenger (Daily)
22. Somnath - Rajkot Passenger (Daily)
23. Sitamarhi - Raxaul Passenger (Daily)
24. Sriganganagar - Hanumangarh-Sadulpur Passenger (Daily) after gauge conversion
25. Talguppa - Shimoga Town Passenger (Daily)
26. Thrisur-Guruvayur Passenger (Daily)
Suggested Reading –
Short History of Indian Railways
Reality views by sm –
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Tags – Indian Railway Budget 2013-14
27 February 2013
Know 51 Important Facts, Provisions of Indian Railway Budget 2013-14