Full Report on Coalgate Scam CBI starts preliminary inquiry CBI will not probe PM Manmohan Singh
A draft report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) had stated that the government's decision not to auction coal blocks caused a loss of Rs.1.8 lakh crore to the public exchequer that is loss to the each Indian citizen.
A complaint was given by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MPs Prakash Javadekar and Hansraj Ahir to CVC.
Team Anna has also alleged the scam in the Coalgate.
Team Anna has questioned the role of Manmohan Singh in the suspected scam. The prime minister held the coal portfolio from November 2006 to May 2009.
Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, said, that The Governments decision to forgo profits of 2 lakh crores was not taken by the Coal Ministry or Coal Secretary it was taken by someone from the PMOs office.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh headed the coal ministry when most allocations were done.
Coalgate Scam in which year happened?
Coalgate scam happened between years 2006 to 2009.
Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said that In three years, 145 blocks were allocated while prior to his tenure only 75 mines were allocated in 12 years. It shows that the demand for coal was high only in three years. In fact, only one coal block has been allotted since he left the charge of coal portfolio,"
Kejriwal said the blocks were allocated to companies which had "nothing to do with steel cement and power. Their motive was to sell the mines".
Year 2012 –
The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has asked the
CBI to probe coal block allocation between 2006 and 2009.
CVC has also asked the CBI to complete the inquiry in three months.
Because of the CVC request and pressure from Team Anna
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday registered a preliminary enquiry into the coal block allocation.
Media has reported that CBI told to media that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will not be probed for alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks between 2006 and 2009.
So what CBI will investigate?
Media reported that CBI will investigate
misuse of allocation of coal blocks
misuse of coal blocks by private companies
calculate loss due to any irregularities in the auction process
Role of all bureaucrats, officials, private companies and ministers, and the screening committee which recommended the names.
scrutinize 156 companies and 65 coal blocks
What is the complaint how the coal gate scam happened?
UPA II Congress Government adopted a first-come-first-serve basis for allocation of coal blocks to benefit some private companies.
The complaint also alleged that allocation of blocks to 156 companies was improper, as they had handed over operations to other companies at a premium.
The complaint also alleged the allottees of coal blocks did not start production themselves and outsourced the operation to third parties at a premium and pocketing the benefit.
The price of 1,700 crore metric tonne of coal worth Rs.51 lakh crore was given almost free to private companies.
Last year in a statement BJP said that
51 companies were allotted coal blocks in 2006
19 companies in 2007
41 companies in 2008
32 companies in 2009
At a rate of Rs.50 per metric tonne.
In this case I think Prime Minister should resign and let the CBI make the enquiry and enquiry should be monitored by Supreme Court of India on day to day basis.
But the best option is to form the Special Investigating Team SIT consisted of retired Supreme Court judges
In Bofors case what happened no one was guilty same will happen in the Coalgate scam no one is guilty and guilty are not alive.
CBI works under government and no one goes against his boss who gives him salary and promotion and demotion.
Reality views by sm –
Saturday, June 02, 2012
Tags - Coalgate scam