An Attempt to Know Sathya Sai Baba – Part Two -
Sathya Sai Baba Is He Magician?
Sathya Sai Baba Is He Spiritual Leader?
Sathya Sai Baba Is He Saint?
Sathya Sai Baba Is He Cheat?
Part One Link -
Sathya Sai Baba and Controversies –
1. In 2000 UNESCO withdrew its co-sponsorship of an education conference in Puttaparthi, explaining that it was deeply concerned about the allegations that have been leveled at Sathya Sai Baba.
2. The magazine India Today published in December 2000 a cover story about the Baba and the allegations of fake miracles quoting the magician P. C. Sorcar, Jr. who considered the Baba a fraud. The meeting between P.C. Sorcar Junior and Sathya Sai Baba has now become the stuff of legend. According to the magician, he had asked for an appointment with the Baba on many occasions, only to be turned down. Finally, he asked to see the swami, posing as the son of a prominent West Bengal industrialist. The godman agreed to see him.
After Sai Baba had given him a darshan, Sorcar asked for a gift. The Baba asked him to wait, and went into the next room, presumably to hide some object or the other up his sleeve.
Meanwhile, Sorcar had seen a plate of sweets lying in the room. He grabbed one and hid it on his person. Sai Baba returned shortly, and duly produced a sandesh 'out of thin air'. Sorcar said he didn't like sandeshes, and changed it 'miraculously' to a rossogolla instead.
The livid godman threw the magician out. Today, Sorcar scoffs, "He is no godman. He is not even a good magician. He is so clumsy that he is spoiling the name of all magicians. I think he should practise a lot more.
3. The Guardian and DNA noted that a travel warning was issued by the US State Department based on allegations. However, by 2009, the travel warning, which was issued in 2006, has since been removed from the consular page of India. Under the heading CRIME INFORMATION found under 'Consular information' at http://travel.state.gov/travel/warnings_consular.html - by scrolling down and selecting 'India', and scrolling down on that page one reads:-
4. "U.S. citizens should be aware that there have been reports of inappropriate sexual behavior by a prominent local religious leader at an ashram or religious retreat located in Andhra Pradesh. Most of the reports indicate that the subjects of these approaches have been young male devotees, including a number of U.S. citizens. Although these reports are unconfirmed, U.S. citizens should be aware of this information and contact the U.S. Consulate General in Chennai for further information."
5. Basava Premanand, a skeptic and amateur magician, asserted that he has been investigating Sathya Sai Baba since 1968 and emphatically believes the "guru" to be a cheater and charlatan. To date, Basava Premanand has survived four murder attempts and bears the scars from several savage beatings.
6. In 1976 a former American follower, Tal Brooke, wrote a book called Avatar of the Night: The Hidden Side of Sai Baba. In it, he referred to the guru's sexual exploits.
7. Sai Baba also enjoys a close relationship with the state police. A former head of police once acted as his personal chauffeur.
8. The Salon.com's "Untouchable" article published in 25 July 2001 reported that after Conny Larsson, a Swedish film star alleged his abuse allegations the Sai Organization in Sweden along with a Sai-affiliated school was shut down.
9. Documentaries produced by the BBC and the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, analyzing videos of the supposed miracles, suggest that they can be explained as sleight of hand tricks.
10. In October 2007, an official of the Sai Trust announced that Sathya Sai Baba would make a 'moon appearance' and asked devotees to proceed towards the (Puttaparthi) airport. The IANS reports "the 'miracle' did not happen" and his devotees "waited for an hour before dispersing." No explanation was offered by the Sai Trust on "why the 'miracle' failed to materialise.
11. UNESCO officially withdrew from an educational conference planned for September 2000 at Sai Baba's ashram under the auspices of the Sathya Sai Organization, citing "widely reported allegations of sexual abuse involving youth and children ... levelled at the leader of the movement in question, Sathya Sai Baba."
12. In June 1993, Sai Baba passively stood by while six persons were murdered in his apartments in Prashanthi Nilayam Independent Township, his main ashram, known to be completely under his strict control. After discussions between Sai Baba's officials and the local police, the police shot at close range and in cold blood killed four of these persons. Although Sai Baba reportedly first spoke to the intruders and remained nearby throughout the whole episode, conferring with his officials, he was not even questioned by police or law investigators! Due to their serious inconsistency and ineptitude, the case was taken over from the local police by the CBI, but the entire investigation was subsequently quashed by government order by the intervention of devotees of Sai Baba holding top positions of political power. Thus, no adequate court action was taken and no justice or redress was possible for the victims’ families.
13. The four executed followers, who reportedly only wished to speak to Sai Baba, killed two of Sai Baba’s attendants in a knife fight. Sai Baba later publicly declared that there was no attempt on his life.
14. Commenting upon the murders at the time, the International Chairman of Sai Baba’s Organization and a member of the Sathya Sai Central Trust, Indulal Shah, stated to pressmen: “…the matter is purely internal and we do not wish to have any law enforcement agency investigating into it.” (The Hindu, 10-6-1993). The only possible meaning of this is that the International Chairman of the Sathya Sai Organization would put the perpetrators of such major crimes completely above and beyond the law. This is exactly what has occurred so far.
15. (Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol. XXIX, p.394). The official report continues: [Svaami produced the little book by a circular wave of His hand and held it before the audience.] “This is the book. You can see the cross on the cover page.
16. Below is bible photo –
18. “I do not suffer form any kind of disease because there is no trace of greed in Me. That is why I am always healthy…” “There is no trace of anger or hatred in me and hence everyone loves me” (Sanathana Sarathi September 2002, page 257f) But he has suffered strokes and he is sick.
19. Since 2003, Sathya Sai Baba has been virtually crippled by a botched hip joint injury, necessitating the use of a golf buggy, an Avatar mobile' and wheelchairs - or constant support from helpers. Despite this, Sathya Sai Baba (unadvisedly) pronounced that his healing took place due to the prayers and sadhana of his devotees! - If he is God what is the reason he has to undergo operations like normal human being.
20. India’s President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam has been the chief guest during the glamorous birthday show of controversial godman Sai Baba on 23rd November 2006. It is shameful and outrageous that the Indian President pays respect to a saffron charlatan, who exploits the gullible by claiming that he can produce ‘holy ash” from thin air, cure all illnesses, has created the universe and other nonsense more. It aggravates the case against President Kalam that he did not content himself with performing a kind of public relations routine, but went out of his way praising and glorifying the charlatan.
21. “I have immense love for Sai Baba”, Dr. Kalam said in his speech at Sai Baba’s headquarters in Puttaparthi . “I penned a poem in my mother tongue to greet Sai Baba on his birthday.” And he was not ashamed to read his poem (in a Telugu translation of the Tamil original) publicly to the cheering crowd of Sai Baba devotees. The rather embarrassing piece glorified Sai Baba as a glittering lighthouse and symbol of goodness. Because of Sai Baba’s presence, the President of India rejoiced, the earth was the most blessed planet in the solar system.
22. One such story revolves around the mentally retarded son of S. Bhagavantham, former scientific advisor to the ministry of defence.
When the young boy was brought to meet the swami, he produced some vibhuti (ash) and rubbed it on the boy's back. Then, with another wave of his hand, Sai Baba produced a long needle, punctured the boy's spine and drew out some liquid. He then 'produced' some surgical dressing to put on the boy's back. Apparently, this procedure cured the young boy.
Bhagavatham, however, denounced the godman as a fake towards the end of his life. He never went public with the-reasons for his disillusionment with the Baba, but cut the godman out of his life completely.
23. Last and most important there are very few criminal cases are filed, and many people have later withdrawn that cases, or did not file the criminal cases.
24. About there trust , I did not find any monetary information but on few web sites I came to read many rich American people fund the Sathya Sai trust. Whatever good thing is they have started schools and hospitals, In India many rich people fund the trust and these trusts do not do any kind of social service, if they do there social service also means chanting for the well being of Dharma etc. For me Roti is more important than Dharma What is the use of Dharma if human is dying because he do not have water to drink and roti to eat , when there plenty is available in society. Every year Because of Hunger Ten lakh people Die in India.
25. There are many sex charges against Sathya Sai Baba, but as there is no formal police complaint or FIRST INFORMATION Report is filed against Sathya Sai Baba so I did not cover the sex offences.
Watch the videos carefully you may find tricks.
Watch THE Video Sathya Sai Baba Doing Magic –
Watch the Video Lingam Magic –
On internet there are lot of such videos are available I have just posted two.
Now its every reader has to decide is he magician or cheat or God.
Reality Views by sm –
Just remember will you accept progress with science or magic.
When in India magic was at its peak, that time we Indians were slave of Arabs, Muslims, Portuguese French, and British.
So what this magic has given us, slavery of heart, it has made Indians lazy and coward people.
Just few hundred outsiders came here and ruled us, but this magic has not given us freedom.
Open your eyes and choose the path of science , we may live in poverty but live with the science, one day science will give us tube light and bulb, light and your magic will make you a slave and make you future generations also a slave of a kind.
• As there is no magic, only hard work and honesty pays.
With Magic you can fool uneducated Indians, which is very common in India, people do not have food, water and education and no hope for better life , when situation is like this ,if some one comes and shows them magic they accept him as God, a hungry person can not see magic or cheating, hungry person only dreams about roti, food with or without sleep.
He is always thinking in his mind someone will come and rescue him, in reality no one comes .
• Hundred years back your grandfather was a beggar and today you are beggar. Hundred years back your grandfather also found the Baba, but still he died in the poverty and without medicine and in future you will also go through same. No baba will rescue you.
• Why politicians and Filmstars and Celebrities Go to such places and Gurus ? Answer -Remember they have done hard work, they have earned everything and they want to safeguard there money and want to earn more money, or want to get peace of mind as many become rich by deceiving poor people, in this situation they visit the babas to get the peace of mind.If you read newspapers you can always read that bank robbers or income tax evaders donating to temples and praying that hey god give me more money and I will pay you 10%.
• Sathya Sai Baba has said that the world should come to him with empty hands. On the other hand, he has succeeded in getting many to come to him with their hands full of gold.
• “I do not need grand decorations, huge pandals, arches, flags and such paraphernalia … Even a chair is superfluous! … Spend sparing to the minimum needs; do not involve yourselves in expensive luxury. I would like you to spend any extra money that you have for the feeding of the poor or for any similar beneficial object.” Sathya Sai Speaks, Vol VII, p. 100
• Satya Sai Baba said at Brindavan, 14-12-1963, "Let Me tell you this now itself: I do not like this pomp and show. I do not derive any joy out of it. Pomp, such as this, has become a fashion now, even among ascetics and monks who ought to know better. They profess poverty and simplicity and yet, they allow or encourage their disciples to waste much energy and money on pomp and pageantry which serve only to develop the egotism of themselves and their followers. The emphasis on show makes a thing hollow of all meaning." (Sathya Sai Speaks Vol 3., p 228)
• Today in India every city we will find many types of Babas and Gurus , we do not have any law which we can use against them . Don’t you think we need special law regarding this . In Maharashtra still black magic bill is pending from many years.
• Today in India on Television you will see and find that every television channel is showing advertisements which are spreading and selling the items which science can not prove . There is selling of magical items by filmstars and television stars which will give you anything which you desire and they do not think this is vulgar, and cheating, such channels are not banned in India.
• In UK one of such channel was banned for showing such advertisements which make people fools by playing with the emotions and selling them lockets.
• If he can produce gold ,why do not produce unlimited Gold and remove the poverty from India .
• If you are God why you do not give us the list of Swiss Bank Accounts
• If you are God why don’t you save us from drought
• If you are God why don’t you stop 26/11 attack
• If you are God why don’t you give us cure on AIDS AND H1N1
• If you are God why don’t you stop killing of female child in wombs permanently
• Hey God This is prayer to you if you exist there do this miracles
Believe In Humanity: Look Within and you will find the truth, you do not need any agent of God to reach the God, if there is god, he has not appointed any one as his agent, he is capable to look after his all children.
Humans because of financial conditions need the help of others to raise the kids, the god who has created this universe do you think he needs the help of Human agents to run his empire.
Basic Question is Does really god is there , for this article lets believe Yes there is God but still think on the above lines and behave.
10. Images are taken from Google , and above websites.
11. There are many such sites I am just writing few of them.
12. On many news paper websites I came to find out that they have removed the articles regarding these incidents, I do not know why they remove it. May be God came into there dreams and they remove it.
This article is based on Internet Research, so I do not confirm what I have written is truth,
This was just an attempt to find and know understand the Sathya Sai Baba. The living God.
03 November 2009
An Attempt to Know Sathya Sai Baba – Part Two -